We are sure if you haven’t hiked yet, then it’s time to think about it. It is a sporting activity (not competitive) that consists of walking following a certain route through the countryside or the mountains. In other words, it would be a different way of walking while discovering wonderful spots. Isn’t it great? Well, when you discover all its benefits, you will want to put it into practice as soon as possible.
The benefits of hiking
- By practicing hiking, you get in direct contact with nature, something that would be unthinkable in a gym. This translates into less fatigue when moving and a more intense feeling of energy. In addition, if you practice it in a group, psychological well-being and social skills are improved.
- Also, being outdoors allows you to breathe fresh air. This is good both for your health (as it promotes cellular oxygenation eliminating toxins from the body) and for your state of mind (breathing calms and relaxes the nervous system).
- Walking helps you feel more encouraged and positive by reducing stress, anxiety and depression.
- Allows you to tone the leg, buttock and abdominal muscles.
- Helps you reduce cardiovascular disease, overweight, diabetes and osteoporosis.
- Relieves back and joint pain.
- Improves sleep quality: a more physically active life helps you to fall asleep better and to sleep more soundly.
- As you are more exposed to solar radiation (always with protection) you assimilate vitamin D better, which is so important for your bones.
In short, hiking is one of the best activities to feel comfortable with yourself.
The Costa Blanca, an ideal place to practice hiking
Where to practice it? You may have wondered. Well, if you come to Oliva Nova you will find infinite places and paths to enjoy this activity. There is a great variety of perfect paths in the surrounding area to go out and walk while you enjoy the most beautiful landscapes. Don’t hesitate and visit us!